DRAGONS SLIP TO NO. 6 AFTER LOSS TO BUSTERS

Blue Dragon Football is No. 6 in this week's NJCAA National Rankings. (Bre Rogers/Blue Dragon Sports Information)
Blue Dragon Football is No. 6 in this week's NJCAA National Rankings. (Bre Rogers/Blue Dragon Sports Information)
Information Box

NJCAA FOOTBALL RANKINGS

  Record Points Last Week
  1. Mississippi Gulf Coast
  2. Lackawanna (1)
  3. Garden City
  4. Northwest Mississippi
  5. Iowa Western
  6. Hutchinson
  7. Kilgore
  8. Hinds
  9. Georgia Military
10. Jones
11. Butler
12. Independence
13. Trinity Valley
14. Snow
15. ASA Brooklyn
16. East Mississippi
17. Monroe College
18. New Mexico Military
19. Iowa Central
20. Navarro
10-0
9-0
8-2
8-2
7-3
8-2
8-2
7-2
8-2
7-2
8-3
6-3
7-3
5-3
7-2
6-4
7-2
6-4
6-5
5-5
371.50
327.95
321.50
294.66
265.13
263.48
226.33
212.08
205.77
203.77
187.47
154.64
121.64
120.83
107.00
78.13
70.00
48.56
37.81
25.00
1
2
5
10
11
4
3
9
12
7
6
15
8
14
16
13
18
RV
RV
NR
Others Receiving Votes: Itasca (8-2, 24.0); Nassau (6-3, 22.0); ASA Miami (6-3, 12.0); Highland (5-4, 8.9); Fort Scott (4-5, 6.0); East Central (4-5, 3.2); North Dakota SCS (8-2, 2.0); Copiah-Lincoln (4-5, 0.4).

*25.0 percent of the NJCAA football rankings are comprised of the NJCAA Football Computer Rankings. The remaining 75.0 percent is derived from individual votes conducted by a 16-member committee featuring the seven members of the NJCAA Football Committee, two annually rotating at-large selections, and a representative from each of the six NJCAA football conferences and a representative from the independent schools.

Hutchinson CC Sports Information

The Hutchinson Community College football team fell out of the NJCAA Top 5 for the first time since the opening week of the season after Saturday's narrow loss to No. 5 Garden City.

In fact, there was a major shake up with four teams in the Top 10 all falling last week.

The Blue Dragons (8-2) dropped two spots to No. 6 after their heartbreaking 20-19 loss at Garden City on Saturday. Hutchinson will close out the regular season with a road trip to another ranked opponent, No. 19 Iowa Central at Noon on Saturday.

Iowa Central will be Hutchinson's sixth opponent to be ranked at the time Hutchinson played that team. This will be the fifth road game against a ranked opponent this season.

No. 3 Kilgore, No. 4 Hutch, No. 6 Butler and No. 13 Trinity Valley all lost last week.

The top five teams are now Mississippi Gulf Coast, Lackawanna, Garden City, Northwest Mississippi and Iowa Western, which the Blue Dragons defeated 34-27 in Council Bluffs, Iowa on September 7.

Butler is now No. 11, down five spots from last week. Independence moves up three spots to No. 15. Highland and Fort Scott are receiving votes.

The Blue Dragons have now been ranked in 21 consecutive polls.